An eye cream is an important part of the skincare regime as the skin around your eyes is especially delicate, making them the first area of your face to show your age. To keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay, one should start applying an eye product as early as in her twenties.
However, according to celebrity dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman, it is never too late to start applying an eye cream. As we age, the kind of eye care we need changes. To help you pick the right eye cream for the various stages of your life, Jaliman has compiled a handy guide.
- Teens: An eye cream is not yet necessary, but do put on sunscreen and don the sunglasses.
- 20s: A moisturizing cream with hyaluronic acid or ceramides should work well. Pick a product that suits your particular skin type.
- 30s: Slather on an eye cream loaded with anti-oxidants like Vitamin C and green tea to brighten the eye area and speed up collagen production.
- 40s: As fine lines and other aging-related skin problems surfaces, a retinol product. Use a hydrating formula in the day if your skin is dry.
- 50s: Use a gentle, non-irritating cream with peptides twice a day to boost collagen production and diminish the appearance of fine lines.
- 60s: Products with epidermal growth factors (EGF) like mega-peptides will stimulate skin regeneration. Caffeine will also help reduce dark circles.
Read more about the types of eye cream you should be using for your age over here.